In order to help the young child develop his/her personality and sense of self, which allows him/her to build a healthy self-esteem and learn with confidence we take the following approach:
- Following the Montessori Philosophy and Method, the classroom environments are child-centered, believing that every child has his own great potential for life.
- The environment is prepared in such a way to be aesthetically pleasing, developmentally appropriate, ordered, sequentially structured, and presented to the child so the child feels secure and respected.
- Respecting the child’s rights and justice, so he/she can freely chose to study the materials. Working with them as long as he/she needs, and as long as he/she is interested, once the material has been shown to him with a formal presentation. This lengthens the child’s concentration span.
- Let the child enjoy the freedom to move forward in the pursuit towards mastery of the developmental process, both mental and physical aspects, integrating his/her personality.
- Work through the child’s own hands, the experience become first hand to the child, which allows the child to build critical thinking skills and inspire his creative potential.
- When child is willing to share or take turns with others, he/she can certainly become more independent and self-confident. This in turn inspires and motivates the child to explore even more.
Maria Montessori Biography
Maria Montessori was born in 1870 in the Province of Ancona, Italy. She was the first female doctor in Italy, and was a successful child psychiatrist. She advocated the use of education to treat children with disabilities, access to extraordinary achievements in this regard, in 1901 she specialized in Psychology to devote herself to study the essence of the life of children. In 1907 the creation of the first of the children’s house and found a feature of many children learn in the observation.
1909 Maria Montessori wrote “Science education methods used in young children,” In 1910 she began training teachers, then went to Europe, the United States and around the world promoting and establishing associations and training centers in the study to observe her day and night, and found the child attention at work highly concentrated, and the work needs to be left exposed to meet joy. She continued observational studies finally found the ability to work in freedom through, every child has a spontaneous learning, and her focus is early childhood mental growth stages most mysterious “inner guidance”, adult function is to prepare the appropriate environment. Do not get involved too much, she said that education is “the development of the law of nature with the natural process,” so that children do not have adult prejudices constrained environment, giving children naturally generous, curious to explore, good communication, joy gregarious nature.
Transcend her as a warm, flowing to every corner of the world, wherever in the early childhood education sector, the rise of a wave of education reform, see new vigor in the course of early childhood learning. Currently in the world there are nearly ten thousand Montessori schools at all levels; serving children from birth to eighteen years old. a hundred years to cultivate numerous social elites and talent, Montessori died in the Netherlands in 1952, just as her biographer M.A. Stanford said she left the heritage of humanity “the world millions of children exudes vitality and joy of life.”